The USA has a majority of people that identify as Christian. 73% at the latest count. Almost 20% of American self identify as non religious. Yet Congress is about 90% Christian and 9% Jewish. Hmmm seems we have about 20% of our country not represented yet if you listen to Fox News it is Christians that are the powerless ones.
It isn't Christians that are looked down upon by the majority of the country. There are polls and studies that show that the majority of Americans would trust an atheist LESS then they would trust a rapist. As scared as many American's are of Muslims they are more likely to vote for a Muslim for president then an atheist.
You have government officials that instead of giving equal treatment to a secular organisation they prevented a Christian organisation from doing the same thing just to spite the secular organisation. So here you have two organisations that want to help people. One is Christian and the other is run by an atheist. The Christian politician decided that he would pull support from the Christian organisation rather then affording the secular group the same privileges. Who is the one that is being persecuted and who is doing the persecuting?
How many times do I have to see memes like this?
First off America is NOT a Christian Nation. From the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796.
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims]; and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
America is a nation for people of ALL faiths and religious beliefs. Not just the thousands of Christian denominations that can't even agree on the interpretation of most of their holy book.
Second, who exactly says that YOU can't say "Merry Christmas"?
When has someone bitched you out for saying "Merry Christmas"?
Many people and organisations say "Happy Holidays" because there are other people in the USA that celebrate different holidays around this time of year, including pagans from which the Christmas Holiday was co-opted from the holiday of Saturnalia.
So if you are offended that other people and organisations are not paying your religion enough attention that is your problem. There is no war on Christmas or Christians. There are just people of other faiths that would like to pay and receive respect to people of all faiths and the rights our constitution guarantees. Every time someone claims the USA is a "Christian Nation" they marginalize all American's that don't self identify as Christians. I didn't serve my country for 6 years just for Christians. I served my country for the benefit of ALL its citizens.
So for once I'd like to see Christians actually act as suggested in Ephesians 4:1-3 "I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace"
If you want to say "Merry Christmas" then go for it but don't EVER tell someone else that they must express a greeting in the manner which you demand. Are you going to bitch me out if someone sneezes and I say "Gesundheit" instead of "God bless you"? Do you even want a blessing from a heathen like me? Sure, with 80% of America worshiping the Abrahamic god I'd probably be fine with that response. I'm sure most of the other 20% wouldn't care that I said "God bless you either". I may get a few people say something like "Actually I don't believe in God but thank you" and I know this because I have at times said this and heard other atheists say it. So isn't saying something like "Health" a more inclusive response? You won't hear a Swede yell at me because I didn't say "prosit". They wouldn't go away and start a meme implying they where discriminated against because someone didn't greet them in the way they normally greet others. They'd probably say thank you and move on grateful that they were acknowledged
Stop with the persecution complex because when minorities, that are really persecuted, see/ hear you complain then it just leaves them with a bad feeling about your self righteousness.